5 Top safest mutual funds in India
What is a Mutual Fund?
A mutual fund is an investment product that pools money from people and later invests it in a vast variety of bonds, stocks, and other investments. All–together, they are managed by ‘Fund Managers’, who are experts at managing investments and money.
- Money pooled from different investors
- Managed professionally
- Well-regulated by SEBI
- Allowing to invest in small amounts
- High returns as compared to conventional investing
- Access to large portfolios
WHO SHOULD INVEST IN MUTUAL FUNDS?
- Mutual funds end up making the investing easier. Each fund is designed to fulfil different goals and horizons. Good to go for those who don’t have the patience, time or expertise to research individual investment options.
Top 5 Mutual Funds in India
1: Reliance Mutual Fund: Reliance Mutual Fund (Nippon India Mutual Fund) is one of the biggest names in the Indian Mutual Fund industry. It was incorporated in 1995. The fund house deals in 5 main fund classes namely, equity, debt, retirement funds, Gold Funds and Liquid Funds. It provides a wide range of scheme for the investor to choose from. It is one of the top mutual funds in India, founded as a trust under the Indian Asset Act, 1882. As per the industry standard, the list of documents required to invest in Reliance mutual fund:
Proof of identity
- PAN card with Photograph
- Passport or voter’s ID card.
- Driving License
Proof of Address or Address Proof
- Ration card
- Flat Maintenance bill
- Utility bill such as electricity bill, telephone bill or gas bill
- Cheque and bank account statement.
2: HDFC Small Cap Fund: Currently, the investment objective of this fund is to provide long-term capital appreciation & income by pre-dominantly investing in smallcap companies. The minimum initial investment is INR 5,000 & subsequent additional purchases are accepted in INR 1,000.
Pros of HDFC Small Cap Fund
- The fund has performed well in small-cap category over the last 3-year horizon.
- This scheme has been ranked number 1 in small-cap fund category by CRISIL for quarter ending September 2018 dated 30th which is not changed from last quarter.
3: ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund: ICICI Prudential is one of the reputed names in the Indian Mutual Fund industry. It is the second largest AMC’s in the country. The role of the ICICI Prudential in the expansion and awareness about the mutual fund industry in the last 30 years is quite phenomenal. They have created a wide range of product for different investor.
4: Indiabulls Mutual Fund: India bulls Mutual fund has been established as a Trust with India bulls Housing Finance Limited. It is mainly run by the India bulls Housing Finance Limited providing multiple service to their customer, such as housing finance, commercial finance, Asset Management and Advisory services.
5: Kotak Mutual Fund : Kotak mutual fund is one of the major fund houses in India. It started operation in 23 June 1998. It is currently headed by Mr. Nilesh Shah, who is the CEO of the Fund house. He has more than two decades of experience in capital markets and market related investments. The fund house manages an AUM of Rs 161072.40 cr.
*Disclaimer: investment in securities market are subject to market risks, read all the related documents carefully before investing