Why E-DIS (Electronic Delivery Instruction Slip) and its Role in Trading…!!
E- DIS (Electronic- Delivery Instruction Slip) enables clients to submit their power of attorney online while opening an account. In opening a Demat account, a client needs to submit Physical POA (Power of Attorney) to sell their holdings.
E- DIS allows a client to sell their stocks in real-time without submitting the physical delivery instruction slip (DIS) or the power of the Attorney (POA) form. Clients can sell their holdings with their brokers with an OTP confirmation that’s just as valid and legal as the DIS. It is a completely secure though an OTP based authentication. The e-DIS facility is applicable only for delivery trades and not intraday orders. The clients can sell up to Rs 25 lakhs of shares per day using e-DIS.
- When a client decides to sell shares, then he needs to click on the sell button.
- Afterward, a window will be prompted, that asks his permission to sell the shares online using E- DIS facility.
- He can confirm the transaction right way by entering the right OTP, which is sent to the registered phone number and email ID.
- Then, click on the verify button.
- Now, he can sell the shares.
*Disclaimer: investment in securities market are subject to market risks, read all the related documents carefully before investing