Franklin India Smaller Companies Fund Review
About Franklin Templeton Mutual Fund
With its establishment in 1996 Franklin Templeton shares its association with India as the investor with more than two decades. The commencement of mutual fund business in India occurred when the Templeton India Growth Fund got itself launched in India in the same year. Apart from this, the company also started in-house shareholder service, especially for their clients.
Some of the Features can be read as:
- Franklin Templeton mutual funds is one of the largest and trustworthy fund houses.
- Being present in 42 research offices, 12 global trading offices, 15 local asset management teams, and 170 plus countries being served with its best.
- The first-hand understanding of local culture, economies and companies sets them apart as a truly global partner.
- Perfectly and safely backed with years of strong research by offering differentiated mutual fund products.
About Franklin India Smaller Companies Fund
Franklin India Smaller Companies Fund is an equity mutual fund scheme that was launched by Franklin Templeton mutual fund. Later on, it was introduced on 13th Jan 2006 to its investors. Currently, the fund is managed by Hari Shyamsunder, Srikesh Nair, and R Janakiraman. Talking about AUM, it is of INR 6929 Cr, and the latest NAV is of INR 52.35 (dated as of 20th Jan 2020). The fund growth is rated moderately high risk. Also, the minimum SIP investment is INR 500, and, lumpsum investment is INR 5000. Exit load of 1% only if redeemed within a year.
The objective is to provide long-term capital appreciation by investing in small & midcap companies.
Returns are taxed at 15% only if you redeem before a year. After a year, you are required to pay LTCG tax of 10% on returns of INR 1 lakh+ in a financial year.
|HDFC Bank Ltd.||Financial||Equity||5.1%|
|Deepak Nitrite Ltd.||Chemicals||Equity||3.1%|
|Brigade Enterprises Ltd.||Construction||Equity||3.0%|
|JB Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals Ltd.||Healthcare||Equity||2.4%|
|Hindustan Petroleum Corpn. Ltd.||Energy||Equity||2.4%|
|Voltas Ltd.||Cons Durable||Equity||2.4%|
|Vardhman Textiles Ltd.||Textiles||Equity||2.4%|
|Finolex Cables Ltd.||Engineering||Equity||2.2%|
How to Invest Franklin India Smaller Companies Fund with Gulaq?
Franklin India Smaller Companies Fund investment is not a fuss, especially with Gulaq. With hassle-free and paperless documentation, the summing-up of your investment journey becomes easy. All you need to do is:
- Sign-in at gulaq.com. You can also check your KYC for FREE
- Fetch in your amount (whether SIP or lumpsum)
- Submit ‘Invest Now’
*Mutual fund investments are subject to market risks. Please read the scheme information and other related documents carefully before investing.