A Central Know Your Customer or CKYC is required by the Indian law only if you plan to invest in financial assets or in mutual funds. Having a Central Know Your Customer number will show financial regulators that you are approved investor. The process of CKYC is not a tedious job; you need a few personal documents and information on the application form and Alas! You can get a CKYC number.
HOW TO GET CKYC NUMBER – The Process
- Download & Print the CKYC application form: Access the form online OR you can also grab a copy of the form through your mutual fund provider or financial broker.
- Providing the information: You need to provide full name, your fathers/spouse name. Also, list your gender, your marital status, your citizenship level, residential status, date of birth, and your occupation.
- Permanent Account Number: The PAN card is a 10-digit number given by the Income Tax Department.
- Identity-proof: You need to provide your passport number, driver’s license, an Aadhaar card or voter ID card number. Don’t forget to include a recent passport size photograph of standard size (which is 2 by 2 inches).
- Submission of the form: Sign the form and bring the completed form, your passport size photograph, copy of driver’s license or passport to your financial representative or any local financial registrar office.
- The completion of an investment form: Some financial representatives will ask you to submit an investment application, wherein you need to specify which investment(s) you are likely to pursue once you receive CKYC number.
- Application process: Wait up-to 2 weeks for the process of your application. You cannot pursue investments unless your application is good to go. But, you can discuss mutual funds or investments you are interested in with your advisor or broker for the time-being.
- Getting your CKYC number: Once your application gets the green signal, you’ll receive a text message or an email that lists your CKYC number.
- Start Investing: A CKYC number will allow you to invest in mutual funds or any financial assets through a financial advisor or a broker. You can also get in touch with the team of Gulaq and start investing with ease.
Hope, this makes you go through the process of How to get CKYC number.
Also, Read: CENTRAL KNOW YOUR CUSTOMER (CKYC) – Part 1
Get your KYC done for FREE at Gulaq.com