SUKANYA SAMRIDDHI YOJANA (SSY)
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana (SSY) brings-in at handling a major problem with the ‘girl’ child – both education and marriage. Laying it’s focus on securing the future for the girl child by building a fund for their education and stress-free marriage expenses. This is the reason SSY introduced Sukanya Samriddhi Account.
- Age of a girl must be 1 year
- The Interest rate remains constant for 21 years at 8.5%*
- The Contribution is made at the financial year (beginning)
- The amount is not withdrawn until 21 years
- SSY is only allowed for 2 girls of the same family
- Deposits need to be made till year 14 of a girl child
- SSY comes with tax-benefit
ADVANTAGES OF SUKANYA SAMRIDDHI ACCOUNT CALCULATOR
Given below are a few:
- It allows you to know the maturity value when the account matures.
- You can set-up SSY calculator to calculate the maturity-based on monthly/yearly investments.
- If configured correctly, the SSY calculator can be accurate.
- You can change the amount any time and still get the maturity value in less than a minute.
NOTE: The calculator will showcase an estimate; not an accurate figure.