Top 5 Fund Houses in India
Lately, mutual funds in India have become talk of the town. In fact, the AUM has been rising for the last 5 years. Increase in awareness; stagnated growth of gold prices; investing in equity markets securely; also, a few more factors have resulted in making more people engage in the mutual fund investing option.
A Bit More:
Talking about India, a significant portion of the population is changing their way-out from traditional ways towards mutual funds. Here, traditional methods of investment such as real estate, bank deposits, gold, etc. are losing their popularity. The vital reason for opting mutual funds as an investment vehicle is because of generating high returns.
Not to miss, there are 44 AMCs (Asset Management Companies) operating in India. They manage the overall investment of investors to fetch them favorable returns. Given below is a list of top 5 fund houses in India. Here:
- ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund: The mentioned AMC is a joint combination between ICICI Bank of India & Prudential Plc of UK. Also, Prudential Plc is one of the largest in the financial services of the UK. With an AUM of INR 227,989 Crore. Also, ICICI Prudential is one of the reputed names in the Indian Mutual Fund industry. It is the second largest AMC’s in the country. The role of the ICICI Prudential in the expansion and awareness about the mutual fund industry in the last 30 years is quite phenomenal. They have created a wide range of product for different investor.
- HDFC Mutual Fund: HDFC Mutual fund is one of the leading names in the field of the mutual fund industry. It’s one of the most profitable AMC in India in term of net profits. Since, its inception, this AMC is the second to list on the stock exchanges of our country. It has more than Rs 3 lakh crore of asset under management. Its profit has grown every year after the start of their operation.
- Reliance Mutual Fund: Reliance Mutual Fund is one of the biggest names in the Indian Mutual Fund industry. It was incorporated in 1995. The fund house deals in 5 main fund classes namely, equity, debt, retirement funds, Gold Funds and Liquid Funds. It provides a wide range of scheme for the investor to choose from. It is one of the top mutual funds in India, founded as a trust under the Indian Asset Act, 1882.
- Birla Sun Life Mutual Fund: The mentioned AMU manages INR 180,808 apparently. Also, the fund house manages the overall funds of 636 funds. This AMC is the joint-venture between Birla Group of India & Sun Life Financial Inc. of Canada. It was started in the year 1994.
- SBI Mutual Fund: Holding 30 years of experience in fund management, this scheme is moving forward with their experience. SBI Mutual Funds is a joint venture between the largest bank State Bank of India and a European asset management company, named Amundi. The SBI mutual fund company was constituted as a Trust under the provision of the Indian Trust Act 1882 particularly registered with SEBI (The Securities and Exchange Board of India). The headquarters are based out of Mumbai, India.
Furthermore, you can read top 12 Fund Houses in India, here: https://www.gulaq.com/top-12-fund-houses-in-india/
*Disclaimer: investment in securities market are subject to market risks, read all the related documents carefully before investing