Top Rated Mutual Fund
What is Mutual Fund rating?
A Mutual Fund rating is basically measure of the fund’s past performance, the fund manager’s skill and performance consistency over a period.
Why rating matters?
A mutual fund rating is usually a measure of a fund’s historical risk adjusted performance over different time frames compared with the funds in the same category. It is thus a composite measure of both return and risk, which gives an idea about its ability to deliver returns for a given level of risk.
Name the top rating agency in India?
There are numerous numbers of mutual fund schemes in Indian market. To make any investment decision, these rating play a crucial role. There are various numbers of rating agencies in India. Some of the top rating agencies are Morning star, Value Research, ICRA and CRISIL.
What are the top-rated funds in each category?
Here are list of top-rated funds in each category according to the Morning star ranking for one-year return.
- SBI Magnum ESG Fund Direct Growth.
- SBI Magnum ESG Fund Regular
- Reliance Quant Fund- Direct Plan- Growth
- Taurus Ethical Fund Direct plan- Growth option
- Reliance Quant Fund- Growth
- Aditya Birla Sun life liquid advantage plan.
- Quant Liquid plan Growth option Direct plan.
- Franklin India Liquid-Super-Institutional-Direct-Growth
- Mahindra Liquid Fund-Direct-Plan-Growth
- BNP Paribas Liquid Fund Direct Plan Growth Option
- Canara Robeco Equity Tax Saver-Direct Plan- Growth Option
- Canara Robeco Equity Tax Saver Growth
- Kotak Tax Saver Fund Growth
- Mirae Asset Tax Saver Fund- Direct Plan-Growth
How reliable are rating for Mutual Fund?
Ans: – There is a common belief that mutual funds with best ratings provide better returns. Those funds who are in top rating are considered as safest options to buy. The chance of getting better and steady returns are high. However, the chances of exception always remain there. Sometimes even a 4 or 5 star rated fund underperforms compared to a 3 star.
How to co-relate your financial goals with fund rating?
Ans: – One of the biggest puzzles for an investor is to relate their financial goals with the rating. As an investor, one cannot invest all its money in top rated fund. We don’t go to a shop and ask for best cloth. We need to select from the range of product based on our requirement. Similarly, an investor needs to choose mutual fund categories which will meet one’s financial goal. A suitable category of fund, whether equity, debt and liquid mutual fund may take priority over the mutual fund rating.
What are other things to consider before buyinga Mutual fund apart from rating?
Ans- Apart from rating, an investor also looks upon other things such as:
- Fund House stability
- Past Performance of Fund Manager and association with the Fund house.
- Investor or customer review
A mutual fund rating helps you in avoiding lousy funds, but as an investor one should always remain updated with the change in ratings.
*Mutual fund investments are subject to market risks. Please read the scheme information and other related documents carefully before investing.