PAN CARD APPLICATION – The Offline Process
Permanent Account Number or PAN is a 10-digit numeric code which stores information of all the financial transactions. Every tax-payer in India is assigned a PAN through which he/she can file Income Tax and pay taxes. The concept of PAN was introduced by the Government of India in 1972. At first, this system of PAN Card was voluntary, but as the time passed it was made compulsory for every tax-payer under section 139A of the Income-Tax Act. The process of PAN card application can be done using both offline and online means. The offline application process takes place at any PAN agencies whereas online application is done at the NSDL website. The ‘Form 49A’ is available online and after submitting this form, the applicant receives his/her Pan card.
ELIGIBILITY FOR PAN
Pan card is issued to:
- Non-resident Indians
- Anyone who pays taxes in India
TYPES OF PAN
- Hindu undivided family
HOW TO APPLY FOR PAN CARD OFFLINE?
The method is:
- The offline process of PAN card has two options, wherein, the applicant can choose either. First, they can apply by downloading PAN card application form available on the UTIISL or NSDL website. Second, he/she can acquire the form from available agents of UTIISL.
- The applicant must fill-in the desired details that he/she must provide with the documents.
- Once the submission is done with the documents; he/she is supposed to make a nominal payment in terms of processing fee of the application.
- If the procedures are verified, the formalities are completed, the PAN card process takes place where the applicant will receive the card within the next 15 business days to the address mentioned in the form.
DOCUMENTS FOR PAN
|Individual Applicant||POA(Proof of Address) /POI (Proof of Identity)– Aadhaar, Voter ID, Driving Licence, Passport, Passport size photograph|
|Hindu Undivided Family||An affidavit of the HUF issued by the head of HUF along with POA/POI|
|Partnership/Firms||Certificate of Registration issued by the Registrar of Limited Liability Partnerships/Firms/Partnership Deed|
|Company registered in India||Registration certificate issued by Registrar of Companies|
|Society||Certificate of Registration Number from Charity Commissioner or Co-operative Society|
|Trust||A copy of the certificate of registration number issued by a charity commissioner or a copy of trust deed|
|Foreigners||Passport, OCI/PIO card issued by the Government of India, Copy of NRE bank statement in India, Bank statement of the residential country|
THE COST OF PAN
The PAN card cost is INR 110 or INR 1,020 approximately, only if PAN card is dispatched outside India.
MINIMUM AGE LIMIT FOR APPLYING FOR PAN card
The minimum age is 18 years
HOW LONG IS THE PAN CARD VALID?
The PAN card is valid for a lifetime.
WHY DO YOU NEED PAN CARD?
For the following aspects:
- Proof of Address
- Proof of Identity
- Registration of Business
- Mandatory for Filing Taxes
- Phone Connection
- Eligibility to Open & operate Bank accounts
- Gas Connection
- Mutual Funds – To complete e-KYC
POINTS TO REMEMBER
- Full details regarding the address & contact number should be mentioned.
- Details should be same as mentioned in the proof of identity and proof of address.
- Application form 49A should be filled in Upper case letters.
- Any sort of rectifications and over writing are not entertained in the form.
- A fresh PAN card application is not supported, if the old PAN card of the applicant is lost, disrupted, or stolen.
Hope this solve your queries regarding ‘How to apply for PAN card offline’?